A buyer’s agent acts solely on behalf of the buyer. A buyer’s agent has fiduciary duties to the buyer which include reasonable care, undivided loyalty, confidentiality and full disclosure. Buyer’s agents often work with seller, but do not represent the seller. However, in working with a seller, a buyer’s agent must act honestly and fairly. A Buyer’s Agent:
- Arranges property showings that meet the buyer’s needs.
- Provides information about the home or property, community, schools, taxes, utilities, and zoning. Disclose any information about the property that can be obtained by public sources.
- Prepares a competitive market analysis on the property.
- Counsels the buyer on what price to offer the seller.
- Shows what other buyers are paying for property in the area.
- Assists in writing an offer with the buyer’s interest in mind.
- Negotiates the best price & terms for the buyer.
- Keeps the price capabilities and objectives of the buyer
confidential, and maintains anonymity if desired.
- Assists with the loan application process.
- Monitors all dates, events, and requirements for the buyer.
- Attends the closing with the buyer.